Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chez Moi

I can't believe I've lived here for over four months already... and I haven't shared any photos of my apartment! Mee ahn hamneeda! (Sorry!) So, with no further adieu, I give you Chez Becky:

I love my view! I'm on the 17th Floor, so I really get a birds-eye view of Sanbon and beyond!

My Living Room, which features an entire wall of windows! Love it!

Living Room/Desk area. I found that fabric on the wall at Dongdaemun Market and it really spiced up the place! I used the remainder of the fabric to cover my headboard!

I'm really lucky to have an American style bed... and a Queen Size at that! No sleeping on the floor for me! :) (And a big Thank You to my mom for the amazing sheets! I love them!)

Kitchen/Entryway. You can see my tiny washer (no dryer) and miniscule cooking range. It only has two tiny burners! Still, I've made do, but I miss having an oven for sure!

Entryway/Kitchen/Bathroom. Yes, I am totally Korean and I take my shoes off indoors and leave them at the entryway. Plus, you can see my little bathroom slippers that I wear in there, too.

Not a super exciting photo, but I figured you might like to see the telecom device that rings when someone rings my doorbell. The little TV turns on and I can see them outside my door, and pick up the phone and talk to them if I want to. This is particularly handy for avoiding Jehovah's Witnesses. The little dial knob to the left is to turn on my floor heat, which is how all buildings are heated here in South Korea. Quite cozy!

View of my apartment from the front door.

My little fridge, complete with a magnet from Janice (Thanks, J!) and some family memories. (Em, I need more pictures of the girls!)

And here is the Shathroom. Hmm. Maybe I need to come up with another name. Anyway, my entire bathroom is the shower! You can see the square drain on the floor and the shower head is just right there on the wall. It's a little annoying that everything gets wet every time I shower, but I'm getting used to it. It makes cleaning the bathroom a breeze, though. Scrub it up and hose it down! :)

More bathroom. It's hard to make it look very inviting when everything gets doused all the time. This little plant seems to like the climate, and the candle is just out of range of the shower, so at least I've got that going for my bathroom! :)

Et voila! I hope you liked my little tour!

5 comments:

  1. Becky! So excited to "see" your apartment. You've got quite a set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super nice, Becky! You are very lucky! I totally feel like I live in the ghetto now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your place!!! you do such an amazing job and I wish i had you here to help me with my bedroom. yikes!! i might send you a picture so that you may send some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great apartment! i also love the "I'm A-Ok" post. I'm glad you're ok and that you feel confident that everything will be ok. i've been getting so nervous about heading to Korea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becky! I was just telling someone about my trip to Nice to visit you the other day-- that was such a fantastic time, thank you again for inviting me! I've really been in awe of your move, you're so confident and strong. Looove the apartment- really cute, and glad to know you're feeling okay about everything that is going on. Be well and keep updating your blog, I love reading along! xox- Dieterich

    ReplyDelete