Saturday, September 18, 2010

SoKo Signs

One of my favorite pastimes here in Korea is reading all the misspelled, inappropriate or misused English. If I wasn't so embarrassed about being an obvious tourist, I would take pictures of some of the English shirts that people wear, which say things like; "This is very many", "San Flanklin", "Little Dartling" and some that I won't post here due to their graphic and profane nature.

Luckily, there are plenty of other funny signs that aren't being worn by people who would probably glare at me and tell me to move back to "San Flanklin" if they saw me taking their picture.

Enjoy!

This is a little button in some public bathroom stalls... an "ambiance" button if you will. In English it says, "Press PUSH button, then it sounds flushing." If you're feeling a little self-conscious, simply push this button and either a loud flushing sound or classical music will come out. Granted, as soon as other people here a concerto coming out of your stall, the jig is up anyway.

Poor advertising strategy.

Nobody tells ME where to approach my hands!

This sign was after three previous flights of stairs, and I think it's pretty obvious that the steps continue on ahead... but who knows, maybe some people just think "Well, I'm pretty sure that was enough steps" without looking and plummet to their death.

This sign made me happy (seven times, actually) until it left me hanging there at the end. WHAT will I happily become...?! ARGH!

When you want to appeal to a truly International clientele... O'Kim's Brauhaus.

2 comments:

  1. When I read the happy sign, I thought "You happily will become.... HAPPY! :) " So now I want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I like the new look of your blog! yea...I totally loved how the English translation would get messed up after the conversion from Korean...funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete