Monday, August 30, 2010

SoKo Costco

Last week, one of my coworkers and I made the arduous trek to find bulk American goods at none other than Costco! I braved the intense nausea brought on by the brake-happy bus drivers in search of a few staples to make me feel at home: popcorn, Kashi cereal and granola bars.

While there was definitely a wide variety of familiar products (like the famous Costco muffins!) there were quite a few exotic twists as well...

I always thought these were cough drops... but sure enough, they were in the candy aisle. Whether they're candy or medicine, I'd be really disappointed on Halloween if someone put these in my bag.

I kept wondering what that smell was. Oh right... the bulk packs of dried pollack! Duh!

The gift that keeps on giving.

There were two types of mayo: "Delicious Mayonnaise" and "Fresh Mayonnaise". Makes you wonder if this implies "Old and Delicious" and "Fresh and Nasty" Mayo. Luckily, I wasn't in the market for a five gallon jug of mayo, so that conundrum was left to other shoppers.

I'm definitely registering for this when I get married. A box of canned meats? What's not to love?!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see those Costco items - very funny! And I would like to ask for some dried pollack for christmas, please ;)

    ReplyDelete