Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Deliciousness, Part II

Korean Melon

I love trying new things! Luckily, everything in South Korea is new to me, so there's never a shortage of firsts.

Yesterday I tried my first Korean Melon, and it was really tasty! I wasn't sure what it was at first glance... a gourd? A fruit? A vegetable? A piece of sports equipment? Still, I thought I'd give it a whirl, and I'm glad I did.

It tastes similar to a honeydew melon, but is much smaller and a bit sweeter, I think. There's not a lot of flesh to them, so the payoff for carefully cutting one up is nominal.

All said, I think I'll keep buying these beauties. They're tasty and relatively cheap compared to the rest of the fresh produce here in Korea. More on the exorbitant prices of produce in a later post...

No comments:

Post a Comment